Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Total Loss

OK - Using Mom's weight from last week and Katie's weight from TWO weeks ago we have, as a group, lost 54.7 pounds. That is pretty good.

We all have our ups and downs - and most of it does seem to be self induced either through eating too much of the wrong things, or by taking immodium. I must say though - I am beginning to understand bulimia. If I wasn't repulsed by the idea I SO would have taken laxatives last night. Speaking of which - since we started this diet I have only had to take Tums a few times. And then ONLY after I ate Pop Tarts (in the beginning) or the other night after the Halloween candy. I think this healthy eating business just might actually be GOOD for me... Call me crazy...

Yeah Sarah, I agree, it seems like the past month was a big waste - as I posted before. BUT - again, your 149 is still 11 pounds down from where you started... and my 206 would have had me jumping for joy a month ago. So - we ARE making progress.

We also have to remember that it is common and normal for diets to start off strong and then slow down. The first month we SHOCKED our systems by changing a lot of life long bad habits. Now, our bodies are getting used to the new way and we have to think of more creative ways to shake it up again.

I propose - for the next week - that we post exactly HOW much water we all drink (I have gotten really bad about my water intake lately). Whoever drinks the most gallons by next weigh in day gets a prize. We can each chip in $1 for the prize. If you want to do this let's start this contest tomorrow...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That was another difference last week that I didn't ever mention--I wasn't drinking my usual amount of water. Connor had stolen my 34 ounce waterbottle and he hid it somewhere. I found it Sunday under a desk, so now I'm back to keeping it next to me all day.

Does herbal tea count for water intake? Caffeine free, calorie free, pretty much just hot water with some weeds soaking in it. I've been drinking about 16 ounces of herbal tea a day now that I've given up coffee at work and pigging out at night.