Thursday, November 10, 2005

Waterblogged

Yesterday I went through four and a half bottles of water, plus eight ounces in the morning and another eight at bedtime with my vitamins, so that puts me at about eleven eight-ounce servings, or 88 ounces. I usually get through about two bottles in a day, plus the water at bedtime, so I doubled my normal intake! I'm not aiming to win this competition -- my goal is to get enough water, and I actually did that, hooray! Today I didn't start the day quite as swimmingly, but I'm working on a bottle now, so there's hope. I'm having to go to the bathroom more but not dramatically so -- I suspect I've been pretty under-hydrated. Surprisingly my weight was down a bit today -- I thought I'd still be carrying some of that water around with me.

I had my usual breakfast yesterday, and for lunch I had yogurt, and I had morning snacks of almonds and a banana. For dinner we had leftover grilled chicken, plus a salad (smallish) and green pepper slices (which everybody ate really well, even Alexander, who used to think he didn't like green peppers), and a half a baked potato with the skin, and milk to drink. During the afternoon I had snacks of string cheese and Skittles. I had dessert of a small bowl of homemade ice cream. (I say "homemade" like that makes it somehow healthier -- I guess it is, because we use half and half instead of heavy cream because it's so much cheaper and still yummy -- but it's still bad for me!) I still ate candy, but, like Sarah, we're getting down to only the fruity fat-free candies, so it's not so bad.

I went to the gym and did 45 minutes on the bike. I'm watching my heart rate carefully to keep it in the right range; I tend to overdo it. I didn't exercise on Tuesday but my eating that day was good -- almost no candy.

No comments: