Wednesday, November 09, 2005

What IS a pig's gruntle anyway?

Katie asked us that (a trivia question from a string cheese package) on October 24, and I spent some time looking it up but couldn't find an answer. Now I'm curious.

Yesterday I got into the candy again. I wasn't completely out of control, but I think I ate four or five pieces before stopping. Now we're down to all of the yucky fruity things (Now and Laters, fruit flavored Tootsie rolls, etc.) so it won't be so much of a temptation. Last night Claire read the Frog and Toad story where Toad makes cookies and Frog and Toad start eating them until they are almost sick. Frog says they need will power, so first they box up the cookies, then they tie a string around the box, then they put the box on a high shelf; all the time, one of them points out how easy it would be to open the box or cut the string or climb a ladder to get the box down. So finally Frog takes the cookies outside and feeds them to the birds. Toad is upset--tells Frog he can keep his will power, but he's going home to bake a cake! That story had a lot more relevance to my life than anything else I've read recently!

But other than the candy, I did fairly well yesterday--cereal for breakfast, one piece of leftover pizza and grapes for lunch, almonds and string cheese for snack, and a small portion of spaghetti for dinner (although I never got around to making the salad I planned). I had to pick up forms from the pediatrician at lunchtime yesterday, so I also stopped at the grocery store and stocked up on fruit, cottage cheese, and yogurt again, since we had run out of all of that. I did two pilates workouts last night (both 20 minutes long--one an all-over workout and the other targeted the upper body).

I realized last night that I'm going to have difficulties keeping track of my water intake. I keep a water bottle by me almost all the time now, but in the evenings, both kids love drinking from it (and in Connor's case, spilling it on the floor) so I'll have to get in the habit of keeping track as I drink, rather than looking at the overall total.

No comments: