Tuesday, November 22, 2005

147.8

I, too, keep hovering. I did see 147.4 at one point this week, but I've been right around 148 for most of the week. I think part of the reason this is so frustrating for me is because it seems like when we first started on this, I was doing GREAT! I was losing 1-2 pounds a week, no problem! I think I've reached a little bit of a plateau. I know it's not TECHNICALLY a plateau, but if I want to increase my rate of losing, I need to cut my calorie count and step up my exercise. Yesterday, as Sarah said, we did the Pilates for Dummies AND the kickboxing. Normally I would have done one or the other, not both. But it was perfect. They are SUCH opposite routines (the kickboxing is all agressive and kinda scary, and the pilates is calm and smooth) that they balanced each other well, and I ended up with both aerobics and toning. I think I'm going to add that to this exercise challenge--I have to do toning AND cardio/aerobic exercise every day. Does square dancing for 45 minutes with 30 first graders count? It's a whole lot of "Walk IN-2-3-4 and OUT-2-3-4 and IN-2-3-4- and Swing your partner-3-4- and OUT-2-3-4!!" I think it should count. So yesterday I did kickboxing, pilates, 45 minutes of 1st grade square dancing, and 45 minutes of 2nd grade square dancing (which is only slightly more intricate). Can I count that as exercise for the next three days? =)

Thank you, Julie, for my prize. She gave me this nifty Pumpkin Pie flavored bubble bath/shower gel/shampoo stuff. I think Amy's told everyone about this company. Their stuff all sounds really neat. And so multi-purpose!!

I was just noticing today that it might officially be time to retire my size 12 pants. They're getting so big on me that I keep tripping over the legs (which were always a little long) and the waist is precariously balanced on my hips (and not in a stylish way). So if anyone is trying to come up with a Christmas present for me--size 10 seems to be the way to go!! Woo hoo!! Maybe I'll just take Julie's idea and go shopping for me. I could use a new Christmas outfit, anyway. =)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Can I have your size 12's? Your clothes are cuter than mine anyway. That is so NOT FAIR that I weigh less than you but can't even imagine yet being in a size ten. That's another ten pounds away for me, at least. Maybe more.