Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I was trying to figure out how to admit that I had cereal last night for dinner, so I'm glad to see that Julie had the same thing. Mine was a time issue--after picking up the kids from daycare, we went to the party store to get invitations and decorations for Claire's birthday and then to the toy store to pick up toys to donate at church, so by the time we got home it was close to 7:30 and the kids were starving, so I fed them (leftover pizza for Claire, fish sticks for Connor--I either couldn't or wouldn't eat any of those things). By the time they were settled with their food, I was on the phone--first Brian called, and when I got off the phone with him, Connor had started a bath for himself (fully clothed, of course), so I made it his official bath time. While he was in the tub, Eric called. By the time I got off the phone with him, Connor was running around naked and Claire wanted a bath, so I got Connor settled with a movie and Claire in the tub, which was when Mom called. After her call, I read to the kids and got them in bed, then figured that if I was going to do any exercise, I'd better do it right then, so I did a 20 minute pilates dvd followed by 20 minutes of the pilates aerobic workout (first time for that--mostly the warm up is pilates-based, then it's a pretty typical aerobic workout, only with live drummers and a lot of reminders to use your core). So FINALLY after that I could eat--only it was after 11:00 and I didn't want to actually cook anything. Thus the cereal.

The evening wasn't much different from the rest of the day--it was all pretty much just one thing after another. Maybe I should pack my dinner at the same time that I pack my lunch so I'll stop eating junk at night!

No comments: