Thursday, November 10, 2005

Completely out of titles

I was worried about what my diet would be yesterday--I had a Chamber of Commerce lunch (me! Never thought I'd end up at one of those!) to go to, and any catered lunch is always going to be stuff you wouldn't normally eat, made even more difficult by the fact that you don't have much choice--you eat what they put in front of you. Well, sure enough this was really not lunch food--more like a full dinner--but I still managed to eat sensibly. I had a big salad with about two teaspoons of a vinagrette dressing; the main course was some kind of baked chicken breast with peppery seasoning and smothered with melted cheese--I pulled the cheese off and ate half of the serving--mashed potatoes with I think leeks (not a favorite for me, so I only ate four or five bites), and surprisingly good vegetables--steamed asparagus, carrots, and a broiled tomato. So I certainly got my vegetables in yesterday. Dessert, fortunately , was not even tempting--pumpkin pie. Can't stand it. So I came off pretty well. My only complaint was that I had a glass of water that I drank pretty quickly, but then no one came around the whole time to refill the glasses, so I didn't get much water there. I have to say, though--this lunch was at the Sheraton in Columbia, and except for the servers not bringing around more water, it was really nice--the food was much better prepared than almost any hotel meal I've had before, including at fancy weddings. Dinner was a completely different matter--I had Halloween candy (about five or six pieces again, but since we're down to all lollipops and gummi Lifesavers, the calorie count wasn't as high as it was last week with the same amount of candy!), french fries, milk, and a pear. It was a weird night. I had intended to make myself some fish (the kids were having fish sticks, french fries, and peas) but the phone kept ringing all night and I just never got around to making anything for myself!

My water intake over the day was good--I had 94 ounces. Exercise was also good--I ran 2.6 miles on the treadmill and did a pilates abs workout at night. My weight seems to be going back down (I was at 148 even this morning) so I think I'm back on track!

So weird thing: I promised to reward myself for each five pounds lost. I was intending to get the Twinkling H2O paints, but for my first five pounds I got a gym bag instead. Now that I've lost another five pounds (on and off) instead of the paints, I'm wanting to get a new exercise video. Is that just because my current obsession is with exercise? Maybe I should get the paints just to overcome the obsession.

No comments: