Friday, November 25, 2005

The Day After

Yesterday wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. I kept my eating light all day--1.5 scrambled eggs (I needed half an egg for the rolls I was making) for breakfast, cheese and crackers (we're still out of fruit, or maybe we're out of fruit again) for lunch, and I think that's about it during the day. At mom and dad's I had one piece of cheese with a cracker and two pieces of the baguette with baked brie for an appetizer (not that I needed anything to improve my appetite!) and I kept all of my portions small at dinner, except the stuffing. I skipped the mashed potatoes and jello (and cranberries, but then, I always skip them). But it was still way more food than normal--turkey, stuffing, gravy, carrots, green beans, sweet potatoes, and a roll. Plus a pear cider and a glass of wine (I don't think I drank any water at all yesterday). But it was the slice of pecan pie with cool whip that put me over the top. Up until then, I was merely full--after that, I was stuffed. And I was 145.6 this morning (after being 145 even yesterday morning). When I got home, I did a pilates DVD so I wouldn't miss the exercise (and because I really needed it!).

Today I got up early, had a cup of coffee, went to Amy's, had a huge eggnog latte, and that was it for the morning. I did try to choke down cottage chesse with canned plums, but ewwewwww. So when I got home I made a grilled cheese with tomato sandwich for lunch. The tomato was just to make me feel less guilty about having a grilled cheese!

No comments: