Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Are we there yet?

How long does this "no-excues-exercise-every-day" challenge last? I've come so far that I hate to cheat, but I'm so tired of exercising every day! Last night, true to form, I was doing the pilates abs dvd at 11:00 while Connor quietly destroyed the dining room. He was up until 1 a.m. again, then awake at 6:10 this morning, the little stinker. Today I'll go to the gym at lunchtime, but tomorrow and Friday I'm down in DC all day for a conference, so I'll have to exercise at night again--that's going to make for some very long days! Maybe I should bring my running shoes and walk outside at the conference during breaks, although I'll be with a group so it'll be hard to get away from them. Someone attending the conference from another state (that is, she's staying at the hotel on Capitol Hill) was looking for an early-morning walking partner--I'm not about to get up early enough to join her in DC at 6:30 a.m., but walking on the Mall sounds really nice!

Food yesterday was unremarkable--the usual stuff for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Dinner was spaghetti and salad, followed by more fake m&m's for dessert. I don't seem to be able to skip sweets these days! That doesn't bode well for the Christmas season. My weight was back up over 144 today, so yesterday's 143.8 may have been a fluke. We'll see next week.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Julie issued the challenge, and I think her ending date was the 10th. I don't remember what the significance of that particular date was, but I, too, am getting sick of daily exercise. On the other hand, now that I've got a streak going, I hate to break it (though I've told myself if it's not broken by Christmas, I'm taking the day off!!). And there's the competitive side of me that doesn't want to quit until I've outlasted you and Julie. 8-P