Friday, January 06, 2006

What to do

Grrrrr! OK - Yesterday was not a perfect day for me. I bought Laura mini fruit tarts for her birthday. Katie and I each had one. Then we went to Bateman's where I had two ciders and picked at Charles' curley cheese fries. Thoes were my only bads for the day. And the cheese fries weren't ALL bad considering that was dinner. I at NOTHING but the healthy food I packed in my lunch all day!!! I also went to the gym where I did 15 minutes on the cross trainer (my toes were completely numb when I was done) and another 20 minutes on the treadmill. I got my heart rate up quickly and kept it up the whole time. So WHY then do I weight MORE today???

I was up to 208.8 this morning. It is very frustrating.

Today I have already eaten a bagel (birthday person at work today) with reduced fat cream cheese. I ate the whole thing. Sigh. I have a gym trip planned for later today. Today it is weights instead of aerobics. I like the weights better. It is less boring - and my muscles notice it more when I do resistance training.

Emily - you talk about all of the biking you do at the gym - do you also do resistance work? You should. Toned muscles helps to speed up your metabolism. You should meet with one of the people at the gym so they can go through the different exercises and equipment with you.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I don't have an official resistance workout. The biking is definitely great toning for my legs and it does a surprising amount of good for my abs (as I discovered after doing one of my aerobics videos, when it didn't kill me). But it doesn't do anything upper body. When I do the Walking at home I use hand weights instead of the stretchie (though that will change now that I have one!) and I get a pretty good upper body workout out of that, but I do that irregularly as well. Daniel and I keep saying we're going to get around to it sooner or later, but we just haven't yet. We used to do the Nautilus circuit in Georgia and enjoyed that -- our gym's equipment is totally different, though, so I need to get a proper orientation, as you say.

Just one more thing on my to-do list!