Monday, January 30, 2006

This Weekend

It seems a little pointless to post about this weekend since most of us were together, but since Julie and Mom WEREN'T in Blacksburg this weekend I decided I would fill in for them.

Friday was a pretty good day for me - considering the weekend was about to start... but I was determined to be as good as possible. I left work at about 1:30 and went to the gym. I did my weight workout - and for some reason it was harder. I increased weights on my leg curls, but that is it. Everything else was the same as it was for the past week or two - but it was harder for some reason - and my back was tight when I left the gym, which means the long drive was hellish.

Foodwise, I had pretty much all of my normal foods. 1/3 of a bagel for breakfast with applesauce, yogurt for a snack, and then leftover black bean casserole for lunch. On the way down Katie and I each had a V-8 and some triskets and a cheese stick. We also had a coffee from starbucks (non-fat vanilla lattes). Once we got to Emily's we had Brunswick stew - which was really yummy - and a few pistachio nuts! That was it - and that is the end of the goodness for the weekend.

Saturday we had normal cereal and milk for breakfast (or I did anyway). I ate a few grapes at the same time. Then for a morning snack we had Rice Krispie treats that Sarah brought (90 calories - could be worse). For lunch I had left over Brunswick stew. Again - very yummy. For exercise we walked to Ben & Jerry's. Sigh. The walk was very nice. The ice cream was very nice too. I had something called Turtle Soup - a single scoop in a sugar cone. Later I think I had a V-8. I know I had a V-8 at some point, I just don't remember when. Daniel made us burgers for dinner and Sarah and I also split a hot dog. We had grilled veggies too. We then split up a peppermint bark bar for dessert. Sarah and I ate 1/4 of the bar, Katie skipped, and Emily shared the remain 1/2 bar between herself and her kids (they each had 1/3 of 1/2 of the bar - whatever that is... less than what Sarah and I had). The full 1/4 was 115 calories. I think we all munched on pistachio nuts again - and we each had a cider and a latte late in the evening.

Sunday wasn't much better, just earlier. We had waffels for breakfast. I ate two and then broke a "belly button" off of one more - but it was a big belly button. I had four pieces of bacon. I would have quit at three, but after we were done Mary brought me another piece and said she saved a chewy one for me. So OF COURSE I ate it. Shortly before we left (around 3pm) I had a peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwich. Too sweet - but I ate the whole thing. On the way home I ate a 100 calorie pack of chips ahoy - and about 5 pistachio nuts. Oh! And a Nutri-grain bar.

We got home at about 9pm, and packed our lunches. That was it. We didn't eat dinner. Oh! I had a serving of cafe cookies too. So - basically on Sunday I had no fruit, and no veggies. Bad day.

I was 206 even this morning. I was 206.5 at Emily's on Saturday - which was in line with the 206.4 I was on Friday on my own scale. I forgot to weigh on Sunday morning - but Sunday night I was 206.6 - which is also about right.

No comments: