Thursday, January 19, 2006

I did it!

I finally broke 140 on weigh-in day. I was 139.8. So I just BARELY broke it, but it counts! Then today I was 144. Explain THAT one! I haven't been that high in weeks (months?) and I was actually really really good yesterday. Ate everything in my lunch box, and then the pork tenderloin and corn for dinner (which was actually really small), and that's pretty much it. I had probably 5 chocolate covered espresso beans (thought they were raisins, popped them in my mouth and discovered the difference too late) and spent most of the evening pretty wired, and I was REALLY hungry at the end of the night as Amy and I were packing lunches, but I managed to avoid snacking at all (ok, I licked the cottage cheese spoon, but does that really count?!). So why on earth was I up over four pounds today? I think I'm PMSing, so that could be causing the extra hunger and bloating.

I also haven't worked out at ALL this week, so that might be contributing. But now the living room is back in normal order, so I can start doing my videos again. I had been doing strictly crunches and push ups for the past several weeks, and haven't been getting much aerobic activity in. Although I have been teaching the bunny hop and the twist and so forth to all my kids, so I'm dancing like a fool several periods a day, and that gets my heart rate up--but not as much as I need to.

OK, we haven't had a good challenge in a while now, and I'm reading all this stuff about late night cravings. So here's a challenge for us. Start keeping a list. Write down everything you crave each night(even if it's just, "feeling like munching on something--ANYTHING"). Then mark down whether or not you gave into that craving. The person who gives in the least by, say, February 1st, wins a $10 present. I'll fund the present this time. Let's start Monday, so you guys can have time to (undoubtedly) tweak this idea until it is something a little more logical or quantitative or something than what I just presented. What do you think?

No comments: