Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Coming to a bad end

Of the day, of course! I wasn't terrible but I wasn't all that good today. I am staying out of the junk food, mostly; I haven't been spending half the day trying to sneak into the candy or cookies without getting caught by the kids. But I had the last big holiday chocolate-nut square after lunch, and I had three gummy fish after dinner, and I'm having a beer now (Wednesdays are exhausting -- a beer just seemed perfect to end the day). I had my usual breakfast, lunch of yogurt and toast, and dinner of a cheeseburger (on a white, sesame bun -- Daniel did the grocery shopping), so that wasn't such a good dinner! I had snacks of almonds (just a dozen), string cheese, and a couple of clementines. And about four goldfish and four tortilla chips. I'm back to trying to keep my junk portions under control. I wish I could stop eating junk altogether!

I went to the gym this afternoon. I set the bike at 7 but halfway through turned it down to 6, because I was still tired from yesterday and my heart rate was showing it. But I pushed it back up for the last eighth of the workout, and in the end I still burned about 360 calories (according to the bike), which isn't much less than usual. Tonight my legs ache. Tomorrow I should do Pilates or some other workout that won't kill me quite as much. (But this is five days in a row of exercise now!)

No comments: