Tuesday, January 31, 2006

206.2

Well - that is a big drop since LAST Tuesday thanks to my period ending. It is dead even with the week before, and a slight tick up since yesterday. So - no change basically.

I don't know. I like the way I feel. I know not to trust the numbers on the scale. I really think my chins are down to about 1 and a half rather than 2 or 3, I think the flab on my abs seems less flabby - and Katie said you could hardly see my back flaps at all in my new tank tops last night (but I think that is the shirt rather than the back). So I shouldn't care that the scale seems to be stuck. And yet! It is still discouraging. I should be losing weight, not holding steady. Granted - I am sure I am showing the side effects of bacon and ice cream at Emily's this weekend... but shouldn't I also be showing at least some drop on the scale. My diet the past week or more has been virtually perfect (except at Emily's). Since I restarted counting my calories I HAVE been sticking well below 1500 - more often closer to 1300. Yesterday was 1308. I have cut out sugar from my coffee (except with vanilla lattes - which I only have about 2 times a week). I have cut out the afternoon snack (usually triskets or wheat thins - something crunchy). Seriously, I don't know what else to cut. Everything I eat is to fulfill the fruit/vegetable requirements of life. I haven't had anything decent to read in over a week, so I am not doing ANY evening snacking.

Oh Well - I am not complaining. As I said I feel good - and that is something. I should feel like food is controlling my life more than ever - because I DO notice everything I put in my mouth - but it really is more ME controlling food - which is a much better feeling.

How long do they say it takes to form a good habit? I thought it was a month. I have been back to going to the gym "no excuses" style since December 28th. I guess it IS more ingrained now - because yesterday I really DIDN'T have time to go - and yet I went anyway (5:30 - ugh! Way too many people there!!). I am afraid to stop going now because I know it takes no time to break a good habit.

No comments: