Thursday, January 19, 2006

Wednesday update

I planned my food yesterday to be pretty balanced, then my boss took us out to lunch and it was really difficult to find something to eat on the menu. The salads were loaded with fatty stuff, and they only had one reduced calorie dressing that I just wasn't in the mood for, so I ordered a turkey burger. It was pretty yucky. I ate about 2/3 of it, and then all my fries. I should have stopped on those, but it was mindless eating while everyone chatted. So for dinner I had a spinach salad with red onion, some chopped egg and a little bacon--maybe one strip crumbled up, and some reduced calorie italian dressing. Other food--string cheese for a snack, banana for breakfast, and some carrots.

My exercise yesterday was lighter--I spent about 15 min on the treadmill and then did as much of the pilates DVD that I could remember because I didn't know how to work the remote control for the tv so I couldn't actually watch it. Joe broke our all in one remote Monday so I have no idea how to operate the equipment with the individual remotes. I did get in extra walking because of a meeting offsite and then trekking to lunch from there.

Today so far I've had that weight control oatmeal (I'm never buying that again--I had to force myself to eat it this morning). I brought a turkey & lettuce sandwich on light oatmeal bread, carrots, raisins, 2 hershey kisses, an apple, and some v8 that I probably won't drink because I've discovered I really don't like the stuff very much.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Julie - keep plugging away at the V-8. It grows on you - really it does!! Katie and I used to gag the stuff down about a year ago - and now it is our preferred veggie to take for lunches. It is quick and easy and (after a while) doesn't taste so bad. We get the tiny cans and we get the low sodium. There is a lot of salt in the regular ones. Of course adjusting to the low sodium kind is tough if you are used to the regular.

Julie S said...

I'm choking it down right now. I bought the larger, regular cans b/c it is 2 servings of veggies instead of just one. I told myself I can't have any of my yummy snacks until this crap is gone. Bleh!