Sunday, January 08, 2006

Skipping breakfast

It seems that on weekends I never get around to breakfast--I wake up slowly, get going slowly, sit and enjoy two cups of coffee, then get busy with other things and don't get around to eating until lunchtime. I know that's not good for my metabolism, but it sure helps my overall calories! Last night I sat down to figure out how many calories I took in, certain that it was a huge amount because I had eaten nothing but junk all day--Ramen noodles for lunch, two pieces of pizza and two mozarella sticks for dinner. But even though it was junk, it was only 1260 calories of junk. So I had some popcorn. I needed the whole grains, right?

Today was similar--soynut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch, broccoli and french fries for dinner, half of a peppermint patty, and a Rice Krispie treat. I don't know the total calories, but presumably less than yesterday's pizza and ramen noodles! But only marginally more healthy.

I took yesterday off from exercise. Today as soon as I get the kids in bed I'm going to attempt the really difficult pilates workout again.

No comments: