Thursday, January 05, 2006

I'm back to being out of titles. Just came to report on yesterday--oatmeal for breakfast, almonds for snack, yogurt, pretzels and corn for lunch (I brought an apple but it was yucky), string cheese in the afternoon, ravioli and steamed broccoli with milk for dinner, and snacked in the evening on too many of those bottle caps candies (at least they're gone now!) and half of a Tastycake. I opened it for Connor but he didn't know what to make of it. Some time later I was nearing the point of exhausted insanity (Connor had gone to bed the previous night at 12:30, woke up at 5 a.m., stayed up all morning, fell asleep at daycare, then I couldn't get him to wake up for more than a minute all evening, so he took a six hour nap, woke up at 10:30 just as I was getting ready for bed and then proceeded to stay up until 3 a.m. this morning--the Tastycake incident happened around 11:30) and started eating it while watching the sports report on the local news. I think I was being possessed by the soul of the Average American. It was frightening. Fortunately, though, Connor realized that the cupcake was in fact edible so he snagged it from me before I could finish it, and Brian came home at that point and saved me from the sports report.

Exercise was better than food--I went to the gym in the afternoon and did 10 minutes on the bicycle and 25 minutes on the treadmill (which wasn't free when I arrived). I have no idea how much distance I covered or calories I burned--I forgot to look before getting off the bicycle and several minutes into my treadmill run I accidentally hit the "stop" button, so I don't know where I was at that point. Doh! I also lost one of my favorite necklaces on the trip from the gym to my office. I'm so upset about this--it was the pretty purple Enchanting necklace. I put it on in the locker room and noticed when I got back to my office that it was gone. I retraced my steps twice and checked with both the front desk at the gym and security for the main campus but it didn't turn up. This was the third time this necklace has fallen off--the first time I caught it as it fell, the second time it fell in the hall at work and I found it easily, but both times I figured I had fastened it wrong. Now I think there must have been something wrong with the clasp because after it falling off twice I always made sure to fasten it and then tug to make sure it was well fastened. Darn it. Anyway, I also did the pilates abs DVD in the evening so I burned lots of extra calories yesterday.

No comments: