Thursday, January 05, 2006

Back on the fat track

Well - you know Emily, I am not sure that it is the scale or not at Mom's, but I have found it is not AT ALL unusual for me to gain four pounds in a day. The most I ever tend to LOSE however, is three. Sigh.

Today I was 207.2. Yesterday I was 205.4. I didn't make it to the gym yesterday at all. Oh well. I plan on going today. I really like the whole gym during lunch idea. It is like a free workout. As Sarah said - or maybe it was me - even I would rather be at the gym than at work!!

I was pretty good most of the day with my eating - until the evening. We are pretty much out of Christmas candy (or it is all in Katie's room - which is fine, I won't eat it - and neither will she). My cookies are getting stale (but I keep eating them anyway - I hate to waste them). My splurge yesterday was pate on crackers (left over from New Year's). But I ate lunch late and the pate filled in the dinner slot, so it probably wasn't the worst I could do.

Today I am being better so far. Of course I am ALWAYS good while I am at work. It is when I get home that I have issues.

Emily, you think you have problems! Try quitting smoking AND dieting all at the same time. Katie and I blame the diet for our failure to quit in August. Now, all I have left is drinking. And don't think that I wasn't wondering around the house looking for alcohol yesterday. Sigh - I only had one cider. Too bad I don't like Mike's or whiskey!

No comments: