Thursday, January 12, 2006

Still Trying

I was doing pretty well yesterday (as I reported). I planned to go into the DC last night - but the weather was so miserable and I was really tired, that I ended up just staying home. I also ended up snacking. Granted, they were mostly healthy snacks - but too much of anything is still too much. I had my prunes (as advertized). I then had a V-8, I heated up some left over sweet potatoes - but they tasted off so I threw them out and had pistachio nuts instead. Katie and I get both the salted and unsalted and mix them together so we don't eat quite as much salt. Katie came home after that and we had barbequed shrimp and country rice, and creamed spinach for dinner. I was then wanting something sweet - so I drank a micro-brewed cream soda that Laura gave me for Christmas. It was really good - but almost too sweet. Then much later I had more pistachio nuts. Also - after I posted yesterday - I remember that I also had a wedge of the candy apple (the last one thank goodness!) at lunch time. That was everything. I should add up the calories. Maybe it wasn't as much as I thought it was - it just felt like I was continuously eating.

Today, so far, I have just had my oatmeal and skim milk - and my coffee, also with skim milk. The skim milk total is 8 oz between those two things.

This is my OTHER new resolution. I am not sure how honest I have been reporting my food. I think I report everything - at least when I stray from my standard, healthy food - but I think for the next little while I will report every crumb that passes my lips. That way I can get back into the habit of watching every crumb that passes my lips.

No comments: