Thursday, January 26, 2006

Insult to Injury

OK - I am in the process of an absolute melt down over this weight loss crap - and last night I had to go to a Pampered Chef party. In the midst of this Emily calls and asks if I want to buy more stinking Girl Scout cookies!! Emily, why weren't you selling them last fall like the rest of the world?

Sarah - Why would I waste perfectly good sushi on you? It isn't cheap stuff (if you do it right). WHY would I give it up for you - who declares point blank that it is everything you hate? I got the 1660 calories I referenced before from My Pyramid Tracker. I entered everything I eat on an average day, plus some extra - and it spat out 1670. Then I rounded up to 1800 JUST IN CASE I breathed in some high calorie dust or something - and because what I was shooting for IS 1800. So - on average my calorie count is around 1600.

Yesterday - even after the PC party I was 858 calories for the day. This was after a pretty normal day. I only ate one serving of fruit instead of two. And my dinner was the Pampered Chef party and so I was missing a vegetable serving. (I only ate three baby carrots since the other option was cucumber which makes me sick - and I am not real fond of carrots either.) I ate the smallest Rice Krispie treat and no brownie. I had one cheese cube and one slice of pepperoni. I drank water (which is what I always drink) and the dish we prepared was a chicken burrito bake. This was OK - lots of salsa and prepared chicken. Cheese only sprinkled on top before it was baked - no mayonaise, and no beans (which I think would have made it better but people objected to the beans). Since I am paranoid about the not enough calories issue too, and I couldn't think of any protein I had all day, I had a spoonful (about 1T) of peanut butter and a string cheese stick after the PC show. That added another 300 (about) calories on. Which gave me a grand total of 1158. Again - this was a TYPICAL eating day. So - Sarah - maybe I WILL make you eat sushi - because the 1200-1500 calories should be no problem for me.

I did my resistance workout yesterday. OK - here is my observation about our bodies. I think it is amazing how much stronger our legs and backs are than our upper bodies. I mean A LOT stronger. I can barely lift the 10 on the shoulder press (using the very top of you shoulder muscles) and I always feel vaguely queasy when I finish that set. On the other hand I sqeeze 115 pounds with my thighs no problem. I am going to raise it today to 130 since it IS no problem. I squat using 70 pounds, and I do 70 pounds on my back press too. I can feel both of those, but if I were to raise them it wouldn't be too hard. I CAN'T do full sets of the 10 pounds on my shoulders and I make the most embarassing noises when I try (but all the boys grunt and moan - so I guess I can too - even if it is over 10 pounds!).

Today is aerobics again. I always preferred the weight workout since it is considerably less boring - but I am starting to look forward to the cardio too. My feet go numb on the cross trainer after about 10 minutes - which I hear has something to do with the nerves in your lower back. I hope it isn't anything bad, because I like the cross trainer better than the treadmill. I think it is a better leg workout. My calves are definitely less blobby.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I hate, hate, hate the shoulder press, too, and always have! I also put it on the lowest weight and struggle to get through a set -- I can only do it by kind of wiggling back and forth under the weights, which means my shoulders aren't doing the real work. So you have my sympathy.

Sorry about the timing on the GS cookies! But it's not us being out of synch -- it's Maryland that did it early! Everyone else in the country sells cookies in the winter. Freeze 'em and save 'em for your next party, I guess!