Friday, January 20, 2006

Quick update before I hit the gym

I was MUCH better about snacking last night--I told myself I could have 150 to 200 calories of snack to stay within my target intake for the day. I had planned on a mini bag of popcorn, but instead had six lifesavers and a tablespoon of chocolate chips.

Food yesterday was pretty good overall--we went out to lunch for a coworker's last day, but it was the Japanese place again so I had the teryaki chicken--all low fat, not fried, a normal sized portion. I had skipped my morning snack in anticipation of that as well. In the afternoon there was a cake for my and another coworker's birthday, but for once I asked for just a small slice (I couldn't very well skip it entirely!). And for dinner I had just a small portion of spaghetti to make up for my larger than usual lunch. So I feel pretty good about yesterday. For exercise I did a whole-body pilates workout and then some additonal arm exercises with free weights. I really want to get rid of the jiggly triceps before the cruise!

Today has been my usual so far: oatmeal, coffee, almonds, yogurt, pretzles, grapes, and lots of water. I'm making baked chicken for dinner, but before I can decide on an evening snack I have to add up my calories to see where I am and what I can afford. I'm craving popcorn again--someone here makes a bag almost daily and the kitchen is close to my space so I can smell it!

No comments: