Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I blew it on the challenge yesterday

First of all, I keep forgetting to post what my evening snack plans are--I always just run out of time in the afternoon and in the mornings I'm just not thinking about it.

But yesterday I gave into a craving, with the intention of keeping it reasonable--I've been craving those stupid circus peanuts candies for days (actually since a week ago Monday when I smelled some Burt's Bees lotion that smelled just like them!) and followed the "delay, distract, whatever" recommendations and was still craving them over a week later (is that enough delaying?) so I bought a bag when I was in Wal Mart yesterday and planned to eat two servings of them--one in the afternoon and one in the evening (of course you can't buy a one serving package!). Only the afternoon serving would have been above my intake intentions for the day since I plan for the evening snack (and even that wouldn't have been by much since a serving of these things is 120 calories and my usual snack allowance is 200 calories). Well, instead I ate six servings over the course of the day and evening. Totally empty calories too. And because I was feeling guilty about that, I completely failed to eat any fruit or vegetables in the evening. The rest of my food for the day was cereal and milk for breakfast, coffee, almonds, a mandarin orange, yogurt, pretzles, string cheese, and a small piece of leftover lasagna. The rest of the food was only 1062 calories--I would have been FINE with two servings of that candy, or even three or four would have kept me under 1500 calories for the day, but no, I had to eat six servings and then not eat spinach salad and grapes to try to make up for it!

The problem I have with cravings is that I can't seem to just give into them moderately--once I start, I can't just stop! I threw away the rest of the candy, though, which is what I should have done to begin with.

Exercise yesterday was the pilates Maximum Burn basics. My butt hurt all day from the previous day's exercise--after sitting all day I had to walk around with my hips jutting forward all evening so it wouldn't hurt so much.

No comments: