Sunday, January 15, 2006

Apparently it shows

Last night my friend Shannon and her husband came over--they moved to Texas back in September so I haven't seen her since I lost weight, and because she and I met when I was pregnant with Connor, she's never known me as anything but enormously pregnant or overweight. As soon as I opened the door last night, her first words were "oh my God, you've lost a ton of weight!" Hee-hee! That's a nice feeling.

Of course then I proceeded to eat like a pig all night--I had a cider and some Doritoes before going out to dinner, then a half a cup of chicken noodle soup, three quarters of a bacon cheeseburger, a dozen french fries, a couple of bites of coleslaw, and some bites of Claire's pancakes (we were at a diner) and a candy cane when we got home. Urgh. Today I was above 140 for the first time since weigh-in day, and I know that I'm retaining water (probably the result of all that salt I ate!) because I was really thirsty all night and today my rings are tight. I also didn't exercise yesterday, but that was a deliberate rest day. The rest of the day wasn't so bad--as usual on the weekend I didn't have breakfast, and lunch was soup, crackers, and an apple. No snacks, either. Today I'm sure I'll eat better than yesterday (hard not to!) and I'll get in some exercise as well.

No comments: