Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Hanging in there

I ate what I said I would yesterday, except I wound up having lunch late (the yogurt just before we left for French class at 2 and the toast after we returned around 5!) so I didn't fit all my snacks in. I realized early on I needed to leave the grapes out because it was more fruit than I needed, and I fully meant to have the green peppers but I just didn't get around to them. At about 11:30 at night I was hungry and thought I'd eat the peppers, but I did a calorie count on My Pyramid and discovered I was very short on starches (though I later realized they must have been counting my half a potato as a vegetable!) so I ate a serving of pretzels. I didn't eat the green peppers at all because I hated the idea of going to bed with that on my breath (they don't go away when I brush -- I can still burp them!) -- and they wouldn't do much for hunger anyway.

I did do my 30-minute walk yesterday though I wasn't exactly excited about it. My arms were aching from Monday still (they still are today, as well). But the stretchie work did them good, so I was glad I exercised. Today I'll squeeze in a gym trip between piano and swim lessons, but it will probably just be the bike or some other aerobic equipment, because I don't think my arms are up to a new load. Or maybe I'll try some lower-body work?

Today I've had my usual breakfast already, and some cantaloupe. For lunch I'm planning on turkey with lettuce on whole wheat. I have planned snacks of carrots, green peppers, and almonds, and dinner is beef-vegetable stew with barley. I get one tiny dessert after each meal as I did each of the last two days (so far that seems to be working!). I'll have a glass of milk with one of my meals. If I'm still hungry in the evening I'll allow myself a serving of pretzels, since that seemed to work well.

No comments: