Monday, January 23, 2006

Overindulging

I was pretty good on Friday and Saturday. Friday for dinner I had half of a pot pie (didn't have time to bake the chicken) and at Amy's party I ate one cupcake and four cubes of bread with dip--not great food (well, it was GOOD, just not healthy!), but I thought it was a reasonable amount to eat at a party. Saturday I was sort of well behaved--my usual weekend breakfast of two cups of coffee, lunch was eggs, toast and grapes, baked chicken, noodles, and steamed mixed vegetables for dinner, and I shared a bowl of microwave popcorn with Brian that evening. Oh, and I had a birch beer in the afternoon. My calorie count for the day came out to about 1600--more than I like, but below what the charts say I burn in a day. My exercise that day was turning over the dirt in my garden! The weather was so nice that we were outside for a lot of the afternoon, and the garden fork was right there so I started digging and 30 or 45 minutes later, I had the whole area dug up. I should do that in the fall, but I never do (especially since I usually have things growing through October and sometimes into November!). So now I'm in good shape for the spring. I'll have to turn it all over again since it'll compact, but I shouldn't have to deal with too many weeds that take root in the fall. I hope. And it was good exercise--my back still aches.

Sunday was another matter entirely. My birthday party was last night and I *really* overdid it--lasagna, garlic bread, spinach salad, three glasses of wine, a pear cider, a big piece of cake, two asprin and a big glass of water (that last bit right before bed). It was fun, though, although I might regret it tomorrow. My weight was up today (138.8) and will probably be up even more tomorrow. I left Brian with strict intructions today to let Connor eat the rest of the cake!

No comments: