Monday, January 16, 2006

Mini-streak

I exercised both days this weekend so today I was motivated to exercise again. I talked to Daniel and made sure he wanted to meet me at the gym -- then unfortunately I later talked to him about the financial record-keeping I'd been doing all day and the mess of money we spent last month, which spurred him into yelling at Travelocity about a refund they'd never processed. By the time he got off the phone with them it was too late to take the kids to the gym (it was past dinnertime, even -- he spent the better part of an hour on the phone!!) so he came home and we ate and got the kids to bed. I was already in my gym clothes but I don't like going out on my own that late (or as late as it would have been when I got home) so I just did the 15 minute Walk. I'm a wimp. But at least I did something. I also kept my arms up as much as I can to increase my heart rate, and with the stretchie I actually broke a sweat. So for 15 minutes it wasn't a bad workout.

I was in my normal form when it came to eating -- usual breakfast, lunch of yogurt and toast, snacks of almonds and string cheese. After lunch I had some chocolate from the big Hershey kiss (about a normal kiss' worth) and two mini candy bars, and later in the afternoon I had a big, stale holiday chocolate-nut bar. For dinner I had a reasonable-size portion of tomato-basil turkey and noodles, and milk to drink, and for dessert I had an orange creamsicle. Ugh. And last night I ended up having a beer and popcorn (light) after I wrote, so I still haven't kicked myself hard enough to diet again.

I do exercise semi-regularly. I eat more whole grains and less macaroni and cheese, and I do have healthy things I can snack on, but I seem to be using them to supplement the junk rather than replace it. I don't eat greasy fast food or drink sodas when we eat out, and my portions are, on average, smaller than they were last summer. So I haven't completely regressed; I really have made progress toward healthy living. We're almost out of Christmas candy and the stale cookies aren't half as tempting as the candy. I just need to stay out of the alcohol and the family desserts!

No comments: