Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I'm an intelligent person -- why can I only think of food?

Today I was bound and determined to be good, but I spent half the day wondering what I could snack on. Very frustrating to be so distracted by food. The truth is I haven't made any effort at avoiding junk in two months, so it's like starting all over.

That said, I was fairly successful at dieting. I had my usual breakfast, lunch of yogurt and a very small portion of macaroni and cheese, and dinner of a mid-size portion of lasagna (trying to clear out the leftovers from the freezer). I had snacks of almonds, string cheese, pretzels, and a clementine, and I had milk to drink with dinner. After lunch I ate one Godiva chocolate and had a few nibbles of a giant Hershey's kiss (the kids each gave me one and have been dying for me to get into them, so today I ate a tiny bit and gave huge portions to each of them -- only 1.5 kisses left). After dinner I had another Godiva and a date pinwheel (not bad considering how many zillions of cookies Dad sent with us!). And that was it for the day, I think.

I went to the gym with Daniel and we did 40 minutes on the bikes -- I was at level 6 which turned out to be very comfortable, not too much of a shock after two weeks off. I bumped it up a bit for the last 10 minutes and I burned over 300 calories, according to the machine. Whew. Day One of the re-diet plan is on track!

No comments: