Monday, January 30, 2006

My weekend

Amy already posted everything we ate down at Emily's (Katie was much better than the rest of us--she even got a sorbet in a cup instead of a real ice cream cone!), and my Friday was a pretty typical day for me. I went to the gym in the afternoon but took it really easy because I was still feeling weird after my spell on Wednesday on the treadmill. So I did the bicycle instead and kept the level low, but put in 45 minutes instead of 35. Calories burned were low (around 260 instead of my usual 320ish) but my heart rate was within acceptable levels. I ate dinner at home before hitting the road, but it was early and I wasn't very hungry, so I just had a half cup of macaroni and cheese and some broccoli. On the road I had a Diet Coke and a coffee.

I wasn't so good on the drive home, though! Two hours into the trip I was getting really sleepy and the Diet Coke I had wasn't doing anything to help me, so I stopped and got a bag of popcorn (the Smartfood stuff) and a candy bar--a reversion to my old road trip food habits. That was way too many calories, and none of them healthy, plus they turned out to be my dinner (I guess that's one good thing--when I'm full I don't eat just because it's the time of day to eat). My weight this morning was up again to 139, after being down to 137.something (I've stopped writing down my daily weight--I should get back into that) on Friday. So overall, not a very good weekend for me in either the diet or exercise areas.

No comments: