Friday, January 13, 2006

One more thing...

What is the ratio of your normal heart rate to what is healthy during cardio exercise? Now that my treadmill can tell me these things, I'm wondering what the number should be. My normal heart rate is around 56, so slightly lower than what's considered acceptable. My bp is also lower--I usually register 105/60 in the doctor's office. Yesterday I ran for a portion of my time on the treadmill and my heart rate was something like 160. I didn't know if that was good or bad or what. I know the treadmill isn't totally accurate either since the number will change depending on how hard you grip the bars, but I figure it's an accurate enough relative measurement. Maybe I'll ask for one of those finger heart rate measurer things for my birthday. Or maybe that isn't a good measure for me to use at all. I know I was sweating like a pig. Blah!

No comments: