Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Finally One Down

OK - only by a pound - and only compared to last week. I was 206.4 today. I would have loved for it to be 205.4 or less - but it was good to see a down tick on my running chart.

Yesterday was really bad for me. I didn't have a sucessful gym trip... I ate toffee cashews... and then I had a slice of the mega candy apple Katie got for Christmas. Other than that I had oatmeal for breakfast, split pea soup for lunch and chicken pesto pizza and broccoli for dinner. The meals I had weren't bad it was the stuff between the meals that I could have done better with.

I have a cold/virus/sinus thing-y going on. It has been lingering for several days, but yesterday and today were particularly bad. The benefit of this, however, is my belly feels full up - so I am not as inclined to eat. BUT that I know is bad, because I am getting no nutrition and my metabolism shuts down. I really think that is the key for me. Eat frequently - and make wise food choices. And the whole exercise thing... But it really has to be both. If I eat right or if I exercise, but don't do both at the same time - my weight just plateaus.

I have my cran-water here with me today. I didn't take vitamins this morning. I thought about it, but didn't have the motivation to get them together. I did take an anti-biotic that I had left over from my last ear infection (I know, I know - NEVER self medicate with prescription medicines - It was old, so it is probably expired anyway...). I am working tomorrow for a few hours, so I will go to the gym afterwards. That should keep me at my 4 day week - if I can manange to make it today and Thursday and Friday too. I am going to start working in the DC in the evenings a few nights a week. That is good - standing up at least - work.

No comments: