Friday, January 13, 2006

Forgot my update!

I was posting all that information below about heart rates and forgot to mention what my days have been like!

Yesterday was good--came in at 1350 calories and all healthy food (no leftover pizza! No candy!) and did the "advanced" pilates DVD--it's not particularly harder than the shorter, targeted workouts, but it's 45 or 50 minutes long and works every muscle group in the body.

Today has been so-so. My exercise was great--I just got back from the gym, where I kept up a 5 m.p.h. to 5.7 m.p.h. pace on the treadmill the whole time. It felt great! I haven't gone higher than 5 m.p.h. previously, but I think the faster speeds are better suited to my body--I didn't feel like I was working so hard at the speeds above 5 m.p.h. and my heart rate was the same as when I was going 4.8 and 5 m.p.h. on Wednesday. Go figure. Could be a fluke, but I think I'll try these faster speeds at lower inclines for a couple of weeks before adding more resistance. Maybe I'm more of a sprinter and not a distance runner! With eating I haven't been so good--cereal for breakfast, yogurt and pretzles for lunch, almonds for snack. That was all o.k. but today people brought in goodies and I've had two Whitman's chocolates (190 calories!) and a chocolate chip cookie. OTOH, I snagged a chicken and veggie wrap that was leftover from lunch, so I'm all set for dinner and it's healthy and low fat. I just need to stay away from goodies at home and I should be fine!

No comments: