Monday, January 09, 2006

Defunct Trip to the Gym

My gym trips are hard... I try to go fairly late in the day so I won't sit around stinky all day - and it makes the afternoon go much faster. But the problem is that if I don't go by 2:00 I get too busy and never go. I didn't make it on Friday because the day just got away from me. Then of COURSE I didn't go all weekend (I planned to both days and never made it any farther than putting on gym clothes). Today the day was again getting away from me so I said - "FORGET IT! I am going to the gym NOW even if that means that Dan (not part of HR) has to answer the phones!" So off I went. I got as far as the door to the gym when I remembered I had no socks in my gym bag. Sigh. So - I went to Greetings and Readings instead and bought a calendar, a book and STUPID ME! a bag of butter toffee cashews. At least it was a small bag - probably only a thousand calories instead of a million. Fortunately there is no nutritional info on it so I don't know how many servings it is supposed to be or what the actual calories are.

I can't say if I did well or poorly this weekend. I didn't eat TOO terribly - but was really bad about fruits and veggies (probably one fruit and two vegetables all weekend) and I did NO exercise. Sigh. Friday was our four month mark and I can't even remember what I weighed that day (I will have to check to see if I posted...). I was 206.2 this morning. My monthly goal is supposed to be 5 pounds - and so far I am still trying to stay solidly at 10 pounds lost. This puts me exactly 2 months behind where I wanted to be.

This seems to be the way diets always go for me. I usually lose between 5 and 10 pounds and then stop. Then I gain it all back. I need to really figure out a way to shake things up.

Fat Flush was supposed to start today for me at work - and we didn't. Well, I think I will do a modified version for the next two weeks... OK - 64 oz of cran water everyday for the next two weeks, ONLY whole grains, and vitamins. Let's see if that will help me at all. Katie and I did Let's Dish on Saturday so we have a freezer full of new foods to tempt us. Luckily - their food, although not DIET food - tends to be pretty healthy. The portions are also mostly reasonable - so it makes eating well for dinner so much easier

No comments: