Friday, January 13, 2006

Since Last Night

OK - I actually DID eat one other thing last night. I had some pistachio nuts. That probably took me just to my 1800 calories. They probably were not the best thing late in the evening since salt makes you retain water... Oh well.

This morning I was 207.4 again. At least I didn't go up. Sigh.

I heard this weird thing about people eating breakfast before they go to work. I know it seems like a really strange idea - but it takes all types. I decided I would give that a try. For the past several days I have been eating my oatmeal at home. I kind of like doing that. I have a tendency to start work running - and frequently don't stop to eat anything until 10 or later - which puts me behind the 8 ball when it comes to eating enough through the day. I know yesterday I did finish almost all of my food in my lunch bag - which was good because it was all healthy-ish stuff and better than coming home and eating crap.

You know - in some ways I like the Weight Watchers concept of points. If you figure the average food item is 3 points and you are allowed 24-27 points (ball park) per day you know you can eat about 8 or 9 "things." This could be one at a time all day - or three things for dinner, two for lunch and breakfast and 2 or 3 snacks. This is pretty much what I do anyway - but points are easier to track than calories... Katie and I are funny when we are packing our lunches. We inventory everything by group "OK - 2 fruits, 2 vegetables, 2 grains, 2 dairy and a snack" that is our normal lunch. It works for us (sort of...).

No comments: