Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I'm trying...

Don't worry Sarah. I am not giving up. Since I have had extensive experience with the inability to actually LOSE weight - I really didn't think this time around would be much different. So, I decided to make it different in respect to what my goals are. Yes, I want to lose weight, but what I really want to do is change my lifestyle to something healthier and more balanced in regard to my food intake. I know we have all said it - but in my case, I really mean it. I think I have succeeded in this so far. I DO eat vegetables and fruits a lot more than I used to. I am much more cautious of white flours and high fat and sugar foods. I don't "treat" myself nearly as much as I used to - and when I do, I have a serving size - not the whole box or whatever. This is also a bad time of year to be losing weight. Our bodies are inclined to hibernate - and so the store more calories and are lazier on the whole. Spring is coming and we will all be more active.

I was fat again today (208.2). I am going to eat prunes for my afternoon snack shortly. That will be my gesture towards bulimia. 8-) Not really - I really like prunes. Dried Plums I mean.

Today I have so far had oatmeal with skim milk. A Venti iced skim caramel macchiato. Yum. A leftover crab cake with no filler. And that is it I believe. I spent the morning at work and running errands - and didn't actually get home to eat lunch until 2 (hence the Starbuck's coffee...). One of my errands was a trip to the gym. Two days in a row now. Today I did my cardio workout. 20 minutes on the cross trainer and 15 on the treadmill. I also did my abs. I like doing ab work. I am weird that way. Since I wasn't in a hurry to be anywhere I actually threw in an extra set of abs (not the obliques - I hate them).

Last night I worked in the DC for just under three hours. My job was mostly to walk around pushing a huge wheely tote/trash bin and collect and breakdown boxes. I don't know if that was a good workout or not - but it kept me on my feet and moving when I would otherwise be sitting at home reading. I also had the added bonus of making extra money while I was at it. 8-)

No comments: