Friday, January 27, 2006

Friday

Today was a slightly rough day. Friday is my breakfast-out day, so I got oatmeal from Au Bon Pain's oatmeal bar. Probably added a few too many toppings (choc chips, raisins AND walnuts), but it was delicious and I enjoyed every bite of it so I really don't care since I only allow myself the treat once a week. Lunch was a leftover beef enchilada and an apple. Beef enchiladas turn really slimy in the microwave. It was pretty gross, but definitely filled me up. I just stopped and bought dinner, which is going to be peel and eat shrimp and a salad. I might splurge and have a cider later. We'll see.

I'm getting ready to hit the treadmill and try program 2 again. One of these days I'll be able to do it. Maybe it'll be today.

I always weigh myself in the morning before my shower and then in the afternoon when I am changing clothes to exercise after work. I like the days when my afternoon weight is lower than my morning weight, and today was one of them, by 0.7 lbs. I always wonder WHEN weight loss actually takes place...do you exercise and then weigh less? Or does it take time? And WHERE does the weight go? Is it released as heat? Or some other by product? What silly things to wonder about.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I started to try to explain the answer to your question but my understanding is pretty pathetic, so I googled it, and naturally there was an answer online! So here's the link:

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=57797

So that explains where the weight goes. And a lot of it is burned during exercise, but your body continues to burn up its fuel at a higher rate (kind of like when you drive your car in an inefficient gear -- it's burning fuel to rev the engine higher) for a while afterwards.

Julie S said...

Thanks Emily!