Monday, January 16, 2006

Penitential day

I said yesterday that I couldn't be much worse on Sunday than I had been on Saturday. How wrong I was! What is it with PMS-induced cravings, anyway? I alternated between salty foods (Doritoes) and sweet (anything I could get my hands on, including chocolate chips, marshmallow fluff by the spoonful, and stale Christmas cookies (thanks Amy!)). And I ended up not exercising either--by the time I got the kids to bed it was 11:30 and I was tired from eating all that bad food. Then Brian came home from his last day at Barnes and Noble and had brought cheesecake with him to celebrate. So I ate that just before bed (couldn't finish the whole piece, though). Sheesh. This morning I was up to 140.6.

So today I woke up, PMS over, immediately set about doing a 50 minute workout (10 minutes of pilates matwork, 40 minutes of aerobics) followed by 30 girly push-ups, ate two boiled eggs for breakfast, raked the yard a bit, had cottage cheese and fruit and a salad for lunch, an orange and two whole wheat crackers for snack, and baked fish with olive oil, steamed vegetables, and plain brown rice for dinner. And once the kids are in bed, I want to do another 40 minutes of exercise. I'm trying to get two days worth of exercise and healthy eating into one day!

The weird thing is, even though the stale cookies, marshmallow fluff, Doritoes, and leftover cheesecake are still around, I haven't been tempted once to eat them. No craving whatsoever--it's not even a matter of willpower. I just don't want the stuff.

I'm hoping that all of this good behavior will have a positive effect on tomorrow's weight, but I think that tomorrow I'll see the effects of Sunday's bad behavior and today won't register until Wednesday!

No comments: