Thursday, January 19, 2006

Hanging in there

I've upped my speed on the treadmill so now I'm doing a full three miles in the 35 minutes that I'm on, and I've also upped a lot of my evening exercise so I'm doing two pilates DVD's a lot of nights instead of one, especially on the days that I don't run so that on any given day I'm getting at least 40 minutes of some type of exercise, with one day off each week.

Still struggling with eating well. I go all day, eating healthy food every few hours and staying away from junk, and then I snack on unhealthy stuff at night. Who wants to do the google search to figure out a way to avoid this? I read early on that to avoid snacking right after work/before dinner, you should have a snack containing some protein in the late afternoon, so I've been eating string cheese and a piece of fruit around 3:30 or 4:00 each day, but it doesn't help. I go home and get into the tortilla chips or cookies while I make dinner. Even when I have a plan and tell myself that I'll either skip all snacks while I make dinner or that I'll only have two whole wheat crackers or whatever, it doesn't work. And then after dinner I keep picking away at junk in the house. Last night was a handful of Doritoes and half a package of Lifesavers. And I'm sure once all the junk is gone, I'll find other junk to eat. Sigh.

I also need to admit something--back in December I mentally set a goal for myself to be at 137 pounds by my 37th birthday (goofy, I know, but it seemed like a good enough goal to set); yesterday I was 137.8, but today I was back up to 138.2. So close, but not close enough!

No comments: