Friday, January 13, 2006

Don't worry about me!

I can account for my recent disappearances in three ways:
  1. I have three kids who have all had stomach viruses in the last five days, as Mom mentioned. Cecilia's only lasted two days (but she needed to be held almost the whole time) and Mary's was even shorter (but she's been milking it for all it's worth), but Alexander's still hasn't gone away completely after three days. I've spent a lot of time cleaning up vomit and poop -- at least all those trips down to the laundry equipment are good exercise!
  2. I've been eating really, really badly all week. With the kids eating irregularly I haven't sat down for meals as much, which means I've been grazing on whatever is at hand -- mostly leftover Christmas candy, which is fortunately almost gone now -- and when I eat like this I can't account for what I've been eating and don't want to admit to myself how poorly I've been eating, let alone to y'all.
  3. I discovered Samurai Sudoku and Killer Sudoku and Killer Samurai Sudoku this week. It's not that I've been doing a lot of the puzzles -- I've done one of each of the first two and am trying the third now -- but they take a long time, so instead of spending my leisure time in front of the computer I'm spending it over these stupid, waste-of-time puzzles. But these don't seem like they'll be as addictive as regular Sudoku -- I just wanted to see if I could do them. When I finish this one I'll try to resume my normal life!
So there you have it. Only one good reason for disappearing, and two bad ones! I have still managed to get some exercise in -- on Monday I did the yard work, and then on Tuesday and Thursday I went to the gym and did 45 minutes on the bike each day. Today I didn't get any official exercise, though I feel like I've been on my feet a lot! Tomorrow I'll try to make some time to work out. I'm looking forward to the kids being healthy again so that we can resume our full routine -- including trips to the gym that don't have to be tag-teamed with Daniel!

No comments: