Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Post-honeymoon weight!!!

I was 143.0 this morning! That's what I weighed when I got back from my honeymoon -- 8 pounds up from the 135 before our wedding. So today I saw a weight I haven't seen since 1993. Very cool.

I didn't have such a great day yesterday, though. Cecilia was running a fever (mild, but it made her a little clingy) and my intestines were doing some kind of weird modern dance, and Daniel had meetings all afternoon and evening, so I didn't get to the gym at all -- there was nothing to motivate me and plenty to keep me away. But I planned to exercise at home, and even that never happened. Today I will be better.

As far as eating yesterday I did so-so. I had a beer last night (planned) and popcorn as well (light, and planned, but I ate too much). Other than that I stayed on my food plan, but I didn't have any vegetables besides the ones in my leftover spaghetti. When I was feeling stressed I found myself eating too many pistachios and almonds -- but in all honesty I kept even those in check, if only because the pistachios ran out too quickly. If I had just exercised and grabbed a carrot or a green pepper at some point, yesterday wouldn't have been too bad.

My next goal -- besides getting back into the exercise plan -- is to work my way (oops -- first I typed "weigh"!) down to that 135 marriage weight. If I can stay focused on this for another eight weeks (gee, that sounds long, but we've been at it for four and a half months!) and lose a pound a week I would get to my long-term goal. Then I'll hardly know what to do with myself. That 135 has been such a dream number for twelve years! I'm not there yet, though -- one good week does not a diet make.

1 comment:

Julie S said...

Congratulations!! Think of it--you are only 8 pounds away from your goal!!!!