Tuesday, January 31, 2006

138.2

Not the lowest weight I've been, but the lowest I've been on a weigh in day (barring illness--I can't remember what my weight was that day!) so I can't complain. But I'd LOVE to break the 20 pound mark! I need to buckle down and stop indulging in good food so much!

Yesterday was a good day for me as well. I had all of my usual food during the day, no snacking on junk at night, and a decent amount of exercise. The treadmills were all taken when I got to the gym yesterday so I used the exercycle again. I can't seem to get a good workout on that! I set it on a random hill program and started at level 5 (still paranoid about my heart rate) then upped it to level 8 over the next 15 minutes and kept my pace around 90 to 100 RPM. But at 32 minutes I hadn't even broken a sweat, so I added on another 15 minutes. All of that only burned off only 270 calories or so. OTOH, my heart rate stayed around 150 so maybe I'll stick to the lower level workouts and just suck up the lower calorie burn with the hope of increasing my cardio stamina over time. But it sure is boring. Even though pushing myself is physically miserable, at least it's more interesting. I did the pilates upper body workout last night and can finally do all of it, although I still have to switch to "girly" pushups after the first two "manly" pushups. But I can do all of the full tricep dips and upped the handweights for the standing part of the workout, so I'm making progress! And it's easier to carry baskets of laundry upstairs. ;-)

No comments: