Tuesday, January 17, 2006

One Good Day

Well, it's not quite bedtime yet, so I have room to blow it still, but it's late enough that I think I can report that I finally had one good day, diet-wise. I had my usual breakfast, yogurt for lunch, snacks of almonds, string cheese, almonds, a clementine, and almonds, and chicken tacos for dinner (unfortunately without lettuce -- I thought we had some or I probably wouldn't have made them). And milk to drink with dinner. All the almonds were because I was trying to avoid worse, and I kept the portions quite small -- I think I've had maybe 20 almonds all day.

I had one cookie this afternoon, as a point of courtesy -- Mary had French class at another family's house, and their 9-year-old had made cookies. It was handed to me and I couldn't politely decline. It was chocolate oatmeal raisin, and it was very yummy. I also ate a life saver after lunch and a peppermint after dinner, and both seemed to satisfy my craving for something sweet. So I can't say I was absolutely perfect about avoiding junk, but I was much better than I've been in months. I was very short on fruits and vegetables (as always!)

I went to the gym after dinner and did 45 minutes on the bike, at level 7. I almost didn't go -- at the usual time the kids were too tired and cranky to be dragged out, and I was feeling tired myself, and I thought I wouldn't see Daniel all evening if I went -- he had a meeting this evening and would have been eating dinner while I was gone. But it turned out he'd been told the wrong day for the meeting, so when he came back from the non-meeting I jumped at the chance and went out. So now I have a four-day exercise streak going!

No comments: