Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My treadmill came!

Joe & I put it together last night and I just got done using it. I love it. I did the first program which was a varying speed & incline one for 30 minutes. I didn't cheat at all. I spent 240 calories.

Amy, sometimes I wish I still worked in the DC. I was SO much more in shape when I was working in packing--lifting all that heavy stuff, always on the move, no time to be bored. My years in the DC were the only ones when I actually had toned arm muscles.

Today I did extremely well with food. Breakfast--yogurt smoothie and a whole wheat mini bagel with light cream cheese, dried apricots for a snack, an orange and a turkey sandwich on light oatmeal bread for lunch, and my afternoon snack was carrots and almonds. I've had nearly 3 bottles of water today along with a diet sprite and 2/3 a bottle of vitamin water. I love that stuff. I'm not entirely convinced of its nutritional value, but I do stay more focused when I drink some every day. Especially the one with the B vitamins (fruit punch, I think). I'm not sure what dinner will be. It has to be one of the let's dish meals that can go straight from the freezer to the oven...

No comments: