Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I'm here...

I was just really bad about the junk food over the weekend, and then Cecilia was sick yesterday so I spent most of the day holding her, because she wasn't happy any other way. She's much better today, though she still had a very mild fever when she woke up.

Anyway, I was 147.0 this morning. I'm not convinced it's a real loss from last week's 148, as I've fluctuated back and forth this week, but I'll take it. I'm hoping I can work hard this week and get below the 146.5 (?) that was my lowest official weight to date.

I didn't exercise over the weekend. Yesterday Daniel and I planned to go to the gym in shifts so Cecilia could stay home, but she chose to sleep while he was gone and wake up just when he got home. But in the meantime I spent over an hour working in the yard, not as strenuous as raking but still steady activity, so I'm counting that as yesterday's exercise. Today I need to get my rear in gear and do something energetic, but I haven't made up my mind what yet. I don't suppose ironing really counts? It's on my feet, but it really doesn't get my heart rate in the target zone!

Food for yesterday: the usual breakfast (but we're out of OJ until I can get to the store), lunch of tuna and toast, dinner of taco soup with chips and a sprinkling of grated cheese ("Mexican" cheese -- I think it's mostly jack and cheddar). I ate a clementine, a couple of almonds, and some string cheese for healthy snacks. And I had two stale Christmas cookies after lunch (but they're good, even stale). Then dinnertime arrived and dinner wasn't ready yet, so I ate a bunch of havarti leftover from Christmas appetizers. After dinner I had an orange creamsicle and some mini peppermint patties, and I probably had a bunch more junk yesterday that I'm forgetting about! I can't seem to get rid of the junk or leave it alone. Sigh...

No comments: