Thursday, January 12, 2006

Doing better

Yesterday I planned a 1400 calorie day, and ended up having to make a mini bag of microwave popcorn at the end of the day to get up to 1400 calories. Maybe I should have stopped at 1200, or had a salad and stopped at 1300. But the popcorn was good. Today I'm at just under 700 calories so far--oatmeal and coffee, almonds, pretzles, yogurt, and an orange.

My big news today is that I went out and bought those jeans I first tried on in December. Low rise boot cut, very stylish--and a size 10. Yay me! I also had to safety pin my skirt on today because it was falling down without it. It's a size 14, but it was one of my most comfortable and best fitting skirts a few months ago! I should hit the clearance sales and stock up on winter clothes that fit, but part of me is not convinced that I'll be able to keep my weight down, and that would be depressing to buy a bunch of size 10 clothes and then outgrow them. I'll wait a year or so and just wear big stuff in the meantime.

No exercise yet today--it's a double pilates day so I'll do that tonight after the kids are in bed.

No comments: