Tuesday, February 21, 2006

What is your goal anyway?

I had to go all the way back to September, Emily, to find out what you goal actually IS. It is 135 - your wedding weight. That is a good goal - and I really think you could make it by March 18th - or pretty darn close!

So - I decided that it is time for us to state our goals again. Not our mini ones... we are pretty good at stating them, but our mid-range/long term goals. Sarah and Emily are almost to their original goals. Katie too - I think - if she would just "weigh-in" again. You three have to come up with "new and improved" goals now. Not necessarily weight loss goals anymore - but health related ones none-the-less.

OK - My turn first then. My original weight in September was 215.4. My goal (I think) was to lose 55 pounds - or 55.4 to be exact. I was shooting for 5 pounds a month - which would have put me where I needed to be in one year's time.

To Date (today to be exact): I have lost 10.60 pounds. The lowest I have been on a weigh-in day was 202 even (last week). The lowest I have been on a non-weigh-in day was 201.8. I have lost an average of about 2 pounds a month - but one month I went up and one month I stayed the same... So when I am actively LOSING it is closer to the 5 pounds a month.

My goals: To keep chipping away at the 55.4 pounds. The hurdle that I am shooting for is to leave "obease" behind and become "overweight" for a while. My ongoing goal is to LOSE each month. No more of this going up, or staying the same business for me.

What I HAVE accomplished: Well, I have lost 10 pounds (and a little more). I have lost one of my spare chins. I have dramatically improved my eating habits and I actually WORK OUT on a regular basis. I bought a new pair of gym shoes for the first time in years because I actually WORE OUT my old ones. 8-) With the exception of my monthly bloating - I feel good about myself. I am mostly pleased that I have stuck with this for this long.

That's it in a nutshell. I hope you all will play along and re-state/up-date your accomplishments and goals.

No comments: