Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I need a couple hundred calories

Today my breakfast and dinner were different than usual. I had a piece of pumpernickel bread, an orange, and a hard boiled egg for breakfast (VERY filling) and for dinner we were supposed to have pizza, but Claire said she wanted her leftover restaurant pizza, so I had my leftover chicken from the same night. There was no pasta left, so I had it with a spinach salad. So now I'm finished with all of my meals (snacks and lunch were the same) and only at 1049 calories. Maybe I'll make a minibag of popcorn later. Whole grain and yummy, if not entirely nutritious. It's between that an a birch beer (see how good I've been? Those birch beers have been around since my birthday!).

Last night we had bean and pasta stew for dinner. I told Claire is was beans and macaroni and she ate it up--I don't think she would have done the same with the word "stew" in there. Marketing is everything. But I forgot how easy (15 minutes) and healthy that meal is.

Exercise yesterday was two pilates dvd's (upper body, abs); today I ran for 37 minutes between 4.8 and 5 m.p.h. and I'll do another short pilates dvd later. The running felt really good today and I decided not to check my heartrate until the end. At that point it was at 176--still too high, but not terrible and my breathing was great the whole time. So I'm going to keep my workout at roughly that level for a while before building up speed again.

No comments: