Friday, February 10, 2006

Top-notch (bottom-notch?) losers!

I'm so thrilled at all the reports of new weight loss around here! It's been a while since we were losing weight collectively like this. I saw a new low this morning, too, of 142.0. I haven't been eating quite as well as I should -- well, I haven't overeaten, but I haven't been very careful about nutrition. I have managed to exercise three days so far this week -- yesterday I did a walk at home and the Pilates DVD, which is, remarkably, getting less awful each week, even though it is only once a week. The first time I saw improvement I thought I was just remembering it wrong, and maybe it was just getting more familiar. But after that it was decidedly better. I have ordered the Dummies DVD, too, so soon I'll have something else to try.

I really, really don't want to work out today -- I've been around town with the kids for over five hours (preschool pickup, Bible study, swimming, library), so I'm exhausted and Cecilia is sick and cranky and doesn't want to nap. And she hasn't slept well lately because of this cold, which means I'm even more tired than usual. But I'm pretty sure I'll feel better if I do get some exercise. Daniel has gone to the gym without me -- we can't take Cecilia to the childcare room in this state, but he didn't want to miss his third day of exercise this week (he goes MWF) even though his partner was missing! Good for him, but, ugh, that makes it even harder to make myself move.

I'm with Sarah, BTW -- I never really expected to get below 150, since that's the lowest I've seen in a long time, and losing even 20 pounds seemed like an impossible goal, nursing notwithstanding. So to be at 30 pounds' loss and headed for my long-term goal of 135 is incredible!

That's the motivation I need to go put the DVD in!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Well, I actually did it!! Hooray!! I did the 30-minute Walk, with Alexander (he uses a string of rubber bands for his stretchie), after which Xander said, "Now let's do Pilates!" So we all did Pilates. (I've earned one of these beers Daniel just brought in the door -- hee hee!)

And I feel much less tired now. :)