Thursday, February 23, 2006

Two steps forward one step back

Or actually - four pounds down two pounds up. That seems to be my pattern. Sadly - what I tend to do is see myself losing and start to get lazy - and then when the weight catches up to me, it catches up A LOT and suddenly. I do think a lot of it is related to my period - but I can really make no excuses. It shouldn't MATTER that I am feeling munchie all the time - I should STILL resist. Or it shouldn't matter that I am craving cookies, or crunchie stuff - I should eat yogurt or vegetables.

Anyway - I have been HORRIBLE the past few days. I didn't work out on Tuesday - and planned to do a double yesterday - but then the weather was so yicky I didn't stray far from home - and so blew it off again. Sigh.

Starting about Monday night I was wanting to eat everything in sight! I mostly stuck with "healthy" foods - but an excess of pistachios, Special K snacks and almonds are still EXCESS calories. I am afraid to list it all out - because I think it may be worse than I think - but actually, listed out in my head it isn't TOO terrible. Not enough fruit, not enough vegetables.

Today my weight showed all of my badness - it was 206.4. UGH! I am hoping it will drop again like it does after my period ends - but I don't think it will drop more than 2 pounds. Of course, this has been a particularly bad period from every aspect - so maybe it will be excessive in the post weight drop too. I can only hope. Well - it was a four pound drop last month (209.2 to 205.2) ...so maybe.

My goal today is to get myself back on track for exercise and eating!

No comments: