Monday, February 20, 2006

Joining the club

That's the "eating everything in sight" club. I was pretty unrestrained this weekend, although looking back the total wasn't THAT bad because I kept my portions in check and tried to balance overeating at meals with no snacking. But I didn't keep track of my calories and didn't exercise AT ALL, and that was after a really bad week when I only got to the gym twice and only did pilates twice. Maybe three times. But not nearly enough.

So I'm trying to remember what all I ate--on Saturday morning I only had coffee at home so I could eat at brunch, and then at brunch I had a little bit of everything but really just a little bit--small scoop of eggs, two slices of bacon, a spoonful of fruit, a piece of pastry. Everything was really good and it was the sort of food where I'd happily finish all of it off, but I didn't. I also had just a small slice of the carrot cake. At home, I wasn't hungry again until dinnertime, and then I was feeling so guilty about all the breakfast that I made myself an omlette with a cup each of spinach and broccoli. So at least I got in a lot of veggies! Then I went out and had two drinks--a beer and an Irish coffee and munched on some popcorn and breathed in secondhand smoke. Not the healthiest night.

Sunday was kind of a repeat of Saturday--no breakfast except coffee. We ate a late lunch at McDonalds and I always get a grilled chicken salad with lowfat balsamic vinagrette, but then I ate a bunch of Brian's fries, and on the way home we went to JoAnns and we all got candy bars (I got a package of Necco wafers, thinking they wouldn't be so bad in the calorie and fat department, but there's 220 calories in a package). Dinner was pizza--I had two slices AND a beer. Sigh.

On Sunday morning I didn't even weigh myself, and that was by choice--I didn't want to see the numbers. But this morning wasn't too bad--I was 135.4 when I was prepared to see 137. Today I'm determined to starve myself so I'll stay around 135 for tomorrow! But I'm already off to a bad start with exercise--Claire is spending the afternoon with me at work (no school, her daycare is closed) so I spent my lunch break picking her up and obviously can't get to the gym with her here. Last week I kept saying I'd make up for my lack of exercise and never did. OTOH, if all goes well we'll have a 14 week old puppy in our house next weekend and THEN I'll get some exercise!

No comments: