Friday, February 17, 2006

Preparing for the weekend

I just got back from the gym. Normally on the treadmill and the cross trainer I set it on manual and chug along at an even, moderate pace for my 35-40 minutes. Well - this time (inspired partially by the fact that I have decided that I want to marry Seth Wescott - the snowbordercross gold medal winner - who practices in Alaska ((They drop him on top of a mountain and he works his way down)) and is also building a house from scratch in the mountains of Maine) I decided I would try one of the set programs that include portions of pretty high inclines. Well in my usual amount of time I burned about a hundred calories more. My hair was dripping wet when I was done - but I didn't feel any more tired than I usually do. I was pretty impressed. My feet were numb by about 23 minutes and I finished with 11 minutes on the treadmill at a slower pace and higher incline. It was a good workout.

Where is everyone?? It seems like the past couple of days it has just been me posting on the blog during the day. Are all you skinny minis quitting on me???

No comments: