Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I may be topless before the end of the day...

I wore the world's ITCHIEST sweater to work today, and it may just kill me. I should have known better but I was too lazy to walk down to the laundry room for a close fitting t shirt to wear under it...

ANYWAYS...the usual first: food yesterday was shredded wheat, yogurt, a 6"subway turkey on wheat with lettuce, tomato & sweet peppers and FF honey mustard, some baked lays, string cheese, an orange, and spinach & cheese quesadillas for dinner. Exercise was 50 minutes on the treadmill. I wanted to do some sit ups and never got around to it.

Now, goals & accomplishments...My current goal remains what it was in the beginning: I still want to be a size 10, and whatever weight lands me there is ok with me. Outside of clothing sizes, I think I am closer to reaching the goal of being healthier in general. I eat better and certainly exercise more than ever before. I also make concientious food choices--sometimes I might CHOOSE to eat the fat laden treat, but I am making a decision as opposed to before where I just did whatever and rationalized it later rather than counter balancing it with portion control, increased exercise, reduced snacking, etc. That was how I ended up gaining so much weight last year. Rationalizing sure can make you fat! :) Another thing I consider an accomplishment is a shift in my mindset that even slow progress is still progress. I can't lose 2-3 lbs every week, and losing less doesn't give me permission to sabotage myself somehow.

So my short term self-challenge: be strict with my food diary. I've been lax recently. In conjunction with this, I want to use the mypyramid site every day to assess what I am eating so I have an idea of what my daily net caloric intake ends up being.

1 comment:

Julie S said...

You'll all be relieved to know I survived the day...it was rough though...